Condensation in the crawl space can add to the nightmare of an all already wet, damp, and musty smelling crawl space. At first the condensation might seem harmless, after all crawl spaces are usually already damp. But if left mismanaged, that condensation will induce a wide range of damage to your home. Our team can analyze your property and determine if you need mold remediation.
Condensation is a major factor in mold remediation:
- Mold, mildew, and fungus growth, which eats at the foundation of your home
- Premature deterioration of wood structure
- Attracting wood boring insects like termites and powder post beetle
- With the colder Alabama winters the past few years, condensation can freeze causing the wood to split
- Heating and cooling duct work which can rust causing energy loss
- Elevated moisture levels could cause bacterial growth
- Damage to electrical, television, and phone cables
Call for a
What is the solution to mold remediation?
The answer is easy – eliminate the moisture and you have stopped the condensation. The warmer the air the more moisture it can hold, so when the warm moist outdoor air comes into the cool crawl space the moisture leaves the air and settles on the cooler surfaces like the vapor barrier, water lines, cooling ducts, and just about anywhere it is cooler than the air outside. Since you cannot control the outside temperatures you will have to control the moisture to get this problem under control.
The foundation vents are the biggest contributors because they allow in the excessively moist air from outside. If you close the foundation vents without sealing the dirt floor first, you will have a completely different issues that can be every bit as devastating. When it comes to mold remediation, whether caused by condensation or just elevated moisture levels, you will have to commit to fixing all of the sources in order to truly prevent damage. Crawl space encapsulation is the best way to seal out the moisture from the outside and protect your home.
Contact us at (256) 580-3210 for more information.